Now that the smoke has cleared, here are a few observations from National Signing Day that, for the most part, seem to be accurate:
- If Saban wants 'em, Saban gets 'em
- If Georgia doesn't get 'em early, they don't get 'em
- Don't bet the farm on anything an 18 year old football player tells you before the fax goes out
- But you can bet the farm on the fact that Georgia will always undersign its class
- It makes for a touching story that the nation's number 1 recruit would choose to play college football with his brother even though it means he will play in a glorified high school stadium and forfeit the opportunity to ever play in his conference's championship game.
- National Signing Day is not the time for coaching rumors to be circulating around
- National Signing Day is not the time for coaches to undergo hip replacement surgery
- And lastly, many aspiring high school football player signees can be sold more easily on the "delusions of grandeur" as opposed to the reality of the truth.
Post a Comment